Posted by : driou Friday, January 31, 2014




Interview #1

Name: Zachariah Gregory George [ZGG]
Date: May 7th, 2013
Location: The Center for Mixed Martial Arts located in El Reno/ Yukon, Oklahoma

Sydnie: How old were you when you started training?
ZGG: Age 5

Sydnie: What level are you in each category?
ZGG: Kickboxing – Black Belt
Sambo – Master Degree
Boxing – Golden Globe / Olympic Alternate
MMA – Top Ten
Brazilian Jujitsu – Brown Belt
American Jujitsu – Black Belt

Sydnie: What made you become an instructor?
ZGG: I am an education major and taught high school for awhile, but my true passion has always been martial arts. So I decided to become an instructor.

Sydnie: In your opinion, which kick out of the front kick, round kick, or spinning back kick will produce the most force?
ZGG: In my opinion for me it is the round kick.

Sydnie: Out of the three kicks I will be doing for my project, which part of my foot should my kick land on?
ZGG: Round kick – Instep / Shin
Front kick – Ball of foot
Spinning Back kick - Heel

Sydnie: What kicks do the kids like most?
ZGG: Inside leg round kick

Sydnie: What type of kick do you like to teach the most?
ZGG: I like to teach round kicks. Also the kicks used in self defense; there are two or three different styles

Sydnie: What kicks do you think are the easiest?
ZGG: Easy … knee strikes

Sydnie: When you learned to do the different kicks was it difficult to learn them?
ZGG: Yes. I feel the front leg kick is the most challenging due to the long range of movement.

Sydnie: Are some types of kicks harder to teach than others?
ZGG: Yes. The front side kicks

Sydnie: Which kick do you think has the most kinetic energy?
ZGG: The rear leg round kick.

Sydnie: Do you have a favorite thing to teach in Mixed Martial Arts?
ZGG: Yes!! Clench fighting.

Sydnie: Do you still have trouble with some stuff you learned when you were still going through your belt training?

ZGG: Absolutely! You are never done learning. It is a practice that you continue through your lifetime.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview #2

Name: Dennis Wayne Eagles [DWE]
Date: May 4th, 2013
Location: The Center for Mixed Martial Arts located in El Reno/ Yukon, Oklahoma

Sydnie: How old were you when you started training?
DWE: Age 10

Sydnie: What level are you and in what categories?
DWE: Brazilian Jujitsu - 2nd Degree Blue Belt
Trained in Kickboxing, Greco and Freestyle Wrestling
Muay Thai
Tae-kwon-do – Blue Belt

Sydnie: What made you become an instructor?
DWE: I became an instructor to inspire kids. I like to see the transformation from start to Black Belt. Especially the mean ones like you Syd. LOL

Sydnie: In your opinion which produces the most force?
DWE: The spinning back kick should be the strongest.

Sydnie: Out of the three kicks I will be doing for my project, which part of my foot should my kick land on?
DWE: Round kick – Top of the foot / Shin
Front kick – Ball
Spinning Back kick - Heel

Sydnie: What kicks do kids like the most?
DWE: Tornado and Crescent kicks

Sydnie: Which muscles are used in each of the kicks?
DWE: Back, Thigh, Hip, and Whole body

Sydnie: What type of kicks do you like to teach the most?
DWE: I like to teach the Round House and Tornado kicks

Sydnie: What kicks do kids think are easy
DWE: Snapping Kick

Sydnie: When you learned these kicks was is difficult to learn them?
DWE: I don't think it was difficult to learn but to master them, yes.

Sydnie: Are some kicks harder to teach than others?
DWE: No, I think it is about learning what the right combination of experiences are best to reach each individual. Some people are better visual some are better hands on.

Sydnie: Which kick do you think will produce the most kinetic energy?
DWE: Muay Thai because you kick the persons legs.

Sydnie: Do you have a favorite thing to teach in Martial Arts?
DWE: I love to teach it all!

Sydnie: Do you still have trouble with some stuff you learned when going through your belt training?

DWE: Yes. I am always learning, trying to improve, trying to be the best I can be.



Interviews conducted at the The Center for Mixed Martial Arts located in El Reno/ Yukon, Oklahoma

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Popular Posts

About Us

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Learn the basics of the STEM system of education: S is for Science, T is for Technology, E is for Engineering, and M is for Math!

- Copyright © Sydnie's STEM 4 All -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -